Supporting Kyle Rittenhouse
This post is a work-in-progress, last partially updated Oct 20
Note: While so far it looks to me like this is a clear-cut case of self-defense, it isn't kind to distort the truth to “help” someone if it turns out they really did do something wrong.
- Money for \$2m bail + legal & security: \$2.6m raised
- Share exonerating information
- Find new exonerating evidence and/or clearly compile existing exonerating evidence
Advice for helping:
Criminal Charges against Kyle
- collecting evidence related to the trial to exonerate Kyle should probably be the first concern, as others have suggested and makes sense to me. Conviction is a real possibility even in a case that appears as clear-cut as Kyle's, considering what happened with Michael Strickland's case and other self-defense cases (also: “This prosecution will be VERY political. (comment))
- >>This is currently the most promising way to help, IMO. I think the tactical thing would be to keep the pressure on in offices of Kenosha officials. Make it the story that doesn't fall out of the news cycle that citizens around the country are livid this kid has been detained. The best defense is a good offense. Push probing questions why Kyle's assailants continue to walk the street. Parties engaged in a criminal riot tried to commit violence against this kid, thus are accountable for deaths of any accomplices while engaged in criminal activity. Rioters involved should be in a cell awaiting their own trials to allow judicial system to sort out accountability.(source)
- Contact info for Wisconsin government people
- can we get the federal gov't to investigate and make sure it's being handled fairly?
- Kyle Rittenhouse has to be saved. And it has to be done with visible support of 2nd ammendment users.
- Information showing the group attacking Kyle has a history of actually killing people or seriously harming them might be helpful for Kyle's case (link)
- “This is a pivotal moment in self defense rights and will set an important precedent moving forward. I hope he gets off without charges, because it will strengthen the rights to defend yourself” (link)
Charging Kyle's Attackers
This is important.
It's more than the usual slandering of a minor and trying to hang an innocent person.
They're trying to cover up an attempted murder.
- Charge Gaige Grosskreutz
- We need identification of the first person from the second altercation who tried to stomp on Kyle (before the skateboard attack)
- Charge Joshua Ziminski, who fired the first shot while Rosenbaum was attacking (and his wife Kelly Ziminski who was with him?)
- “Cranium that boy” streamer incitement to violence?
- Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse
- You Meme About Me, But Have You Written Me A Letter Yet? Address it to: Kyle Rittenhouse, Juvenile Complex Center 24647 N Milwaukee Ave, Vernon Hills, IL 60061 (link) (more info about mail)
- As a person that has been in jail for months, I know what it's like to lose your mind within the confines of those walls and not only does this kid not deserve this, he needs our support any way he can get it and I know for a fact that any type of letter or words of encouragement or a book to pass the time will make a world's difference. (link)
- Mark Dice : Save all the tweets of members of the media, celebrities, and Congress defaming Kyle Rittenhouse. Not screen shots. Internet archive URLs. His lawyer Lin Wood (Nick Sandmann's attorney) is going to sue the sh!it out of all of them. Go! (source)
- “Remember, how they all deleted their Sandmann lies the second shit hit the fan and they started getting sued? So save evidence of media slandering Kyle to make it easier for his legal team to cash in.” (source)
Stuff that happened to follow up on maybe:
what happened to funds?
- and why could donors be doxed? https://thedonald.win/p/GvdFBldF/they-were-doxxing-gofundmes-to-k/c/
defamation & related?
- Michelle Malkin thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1301184209512398848.html
- Another collection: https://twitter.com/CommiesLmao/status/1299069216826458113
- start of a collection: https://thedonald.win/p/GvYV6Vay/thoughts-on-a-megathread-for-kyl/c/
- “alleged white supremacist”? Does that count? https://thedonald.win/p/HrKGUxzl/abc-news-calls-kyle-rittenhouse-/c/
other unfair treatment?
- https://thedonald.win/p/GvToQzcT/im-giving-the-nra-24-hours-to-su/c/ and https://thedonald.win/p/GvYPSSnq/quick-update-it-has-now-been-thr/c/
whoever this guy's company is (if he's an employee should he be fired?) “I'm throwing out every job application I got from an @ASU @ASUEngineering grad.” (link)
On the topic of payment processors, Stripe continues to hold several hundred thousand dollars of our funds hostage and we are coordinating with #FightBack to seek remediation of this politically-motivated hack-job. We encourage our donors to express their displeasure with Stripe, if they feel so inclined, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Update #4, GiveSendGo campaign)
- 9/3 Update – CRU owes $620. PayPal is currently holding funds on #FightBack Foundation without explanation. When possible will donate again when available. (ASU College Republicans United)
remember who helped
- Michelle Malkin https://thedonald.win/p/GvTjtgWJ/michelle-malkin-joins-lin-wood-t/c/
- Gun Owners of America: https://gunowners.org/goa-media-demonizes-apparent-self-defender-kyle-rittenhouse/
- Whoever this employee is: Maryland Governor Larry Hogan's Office Has Fired an Employee For Supporting Kyle Rittenhouse
- named & being represented by Pierce Bainbridge too! (twitter)
- ASU did not prevent its student group from doing fundraising despite pressure, it seems, though of course I don't know what went on behind the scenes (link)