Financial Support for Kyle Rittenhouse
What does he need?
- Money for bail – \$2 million (more info)
- Money for legal fees – \$?? (research needed)
- Money for security – \$?? (research needed)
- Total: \$3m? \$5m?
How much does Kyle need on top of the \$2m bail? \$1m for legal defense and security? More? On the other hand, he seems to have tried to do the right thing and it would be really nice to be able to just make sure he has plenty.
How much has been raised?
Known funds raised as of Oct 13: \$2,657,313 (\$657,313 after bail)
- FightBack.law: \$2,100,344 (as of Sept 25) (source)
- This doesn't appear to update automatically. Doesn't appear to have updated since Sept 25.
- Is the counter for Kyle's fund only? Probably? For now I'm calculating as if it is.
- GiveSendGo: $541,177 (as of Oct 13) (source)
- Snowball: $15,792 (as of Oct 13) (source)
Places that are accepting donations:
Your employer may be willing to match donations if you ask, depending on your employer.
privacy.com may help get around controlling credit card companies.
There may be some risk involved in sending money, people were trying to dox donors to one now-closed campaign.
Places that were accepting donations:
- gunslingerclub.com had one that now redirects to fightback.law
- fundly had one but it's gone now ... what happened to the funds?
More who have donated
- $50,000+ from the National Foundation for Gun Rights (link)
- $5,700 so far from College Republicans United at Arizona State University (link)
- Sept 2 source: Kyle Rittenhouse Legal Defense Funds Have Raised Over $900,000 (link)
- Sept 1 source for FightBack.law amount: link